2016 Membership Registration Instructions
To be a part of the 2016 Early Bird registration, your troop must be registered into E Council by June 30, 2016. Please consider using cookie proceeds to pay for dues. This helps troops to become self-sufficient.
Girl Incentive: If registered by June 30 into our E Council system, she will receive a patch distributed by the Service Unit Registrar no later than your September Service Unit meeting.
Leader/Assistant Leader/Group Leader/Co-Leader: If registered by June 30 into our E Council membership system, you will receive a patch (limit 2 per troop).
Troop Incentive: Please check back in March for more information
Service unit incentive: Two servuce units will be given the opportunity to rent out a portion of any Girl Scouts of Central Indiana camp facility free of charge based on their girl goals. Highest registration percentages of service units will be calculated from service units with less than 250 girls and from service units with less than 250 girls.
Early Bird Registration Procedures
How to re-register a troop
Ways for troop to register:
Troop registers online through E Council. If your troop does not have access to ECouncil, complete an E Council Confidentiality Agreement form at www.girlscoutsindiana.org/forms-library/e-council.
Steps to re-register all members who are returning for the 2016-2017 year:
1. You will receive an email with a link for Early Bird registration.
2. Open the link.
3. Enter your email and password for ECouncil.
4. Click on Membership at the bottom of the screen.
5. Click on Admin at the top of the screen.
6. Then click on the Troop Re-Registration Invite link.
7. You should see the list of all girls and adults who have been registered with your troop.
8. On this screen, you and check those individuals returning and increase the grade level for each girl.
9. Once you have completed this, if you asked for credit card access when you filled out your ECouncil Confidentiality Agreement, then you will see the enter payment button in the lower right hand corner.
a. If depositing the funds at a listed bank, complete steps 11-19. You must have the bank receipt in hand when entering the registrations.
10. Press the enter payment button and you will be taken to PayPal where you can pay by credit card.
11. Since you are not paying by credit card, please click the submit button at the bottom of the screen.
12. This will return you the admin screen, click on the Membership Registration Form link.
13. Enter the troop number, and press GO.
14. Enter the five-digit troop number.
15. Here you will see the Membership Registration Summary Number (i.e. 702148) in the first cell location
of the table showing all due summary numbers entered this month for the troop.
16. Write the six-digit number down on the top registration or on a piece of paper.
17. Go to http://www.girlscoutsindiana.org/forms-library/banking-information
18. Complete the online Membership Registration Summary by entering the six-digit number.
19. Registration is complete. Paperwork does not need to be submitted to counTwo ways to register your troop:
Service unit requires paperwork turned into registrar:
• Volunteer submits paperwork, membership registration summary and bank deposit slips to
registrar by June 1, 2016
• Confirm deposits match total on Membership Registration Summary form.
• Members needing financial assistance contact your membership development manager.
If your service unit does not have a registrar and you are not entering into E Council:
• Submit paperwork including registration forms, Membership Registration Summary and bank deposit slip.
• Confirm deposits match total on Membership Registration form.
• Submit paperwork to Girl Scouts of Central Indiana.
• Deliver to closest service center.
• Mail: Registrar Support, 2611 Waterfront Parkway East Drive Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46214
• Scan and email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fax: 317.924.2976
The following information is required for all Dues Summaries:
Date membership entered into E Council, by whom, Membership Registration Summary Number (which is not given until you submit the registrations and then go back to the membership registrations forms area and type in the troop number again).
Girl/Adult Registration Forms – Complete as much information as possible. If the parent did not complete some of the registration areas, you may use unreported/unknown. Every section must be completed in some fashion.
The new form does not ask for an emergency contact. Remove this information from each girl’s record unless you have secured new information this membership year.
- DO NOT ENTER into E Council any member who is requesting financial assistance. DO include them on the Membership Registration Summary.
- Ensure registration form is complete and includes parent signature
- Financial Assistance Form completed by leader
- Verify that payment/bank receipt and financial assistance data matches the Membership Registration Summary
- Give Membership Registration Summary, Registration Forms, and Financial Assistance form to MDM for authorization
Adult Volunteer Application:
Any new adult who was not registered in 2014 must complete an Adult Volunteer Application.
- Volunteers can quickly and confidentially complete a Volunteer Application knowing that their social security number is privately submitted to the company that completes background checks. This must be done by the individual.
- Paper application: This form can be found online in the Forms Library. Volunteers must sign both sides of the application. You must include: county, school, and service unit number in the top right corner.
NEW FIELDS AND CHANGES THIS YEAR:
- Girl Cell Phone-Girls can receive texts and information from GSCI.
- OPT out Option-On both the Girl and Adult form, there is a way to Opt Out of receiving text messages and emails.
- Household Income-In order to understand our demographics, this has been added. Members may choose not to share.
- Adult Date of Birth-Please update this if you can.
Transfers from another council:
If you have a member who is transferring, go to our Transfer/Change of Membership form.
Each girl or adult member can make a donation to the Home of Our Own Capital Campaign. The Troop Giving Club program was created to provide an avenue for troops and families to learn about philanthropy by making a donation. You can find out more about this campaign and donor incentives online or by contacting Charlitta Winston, capital campaign manager, at 317.924.6838.
- Lifetime Membership Registration forms should go directly to the service center closest to you and not sent in with the troop! Make sure that a service unit number is on the registration.
- A lifetime membership for a graduating senior is $195 and must be in the Indianapolis service center by August 30, 2014 for this discount to apply.
- For all other adult members purchasing a lifetime membership the cost is $375 (25 times the annual dues), all you need to do mark it is a lifetime in the upper right hand corner.
- Do not place lifetime registrations with your troop!
To update the lifetime member’s information:
- Go to Lifetime Member Update Form
- Save to your computer
- Type in the correct information
- Save form and email it to Robyn Beechler
Where to bank: membership fees
1. Deposit membership dues at a council approved bank using a counter deposit slip.
2. A complete listing of all banks and account numbers can be found at :
1. A valid parental email address for each girl is recquired?
2. Exact date of birth is required.
3. Update county on each registration in E Council.
4. Data integrity is very important. Double check email addresses, spellings and use proper capitalization.
5. Adult Volunteer Application: Any adult that has not been registered in 2016 must complete an
Adult Volunteer Application. Returning volunteers do not need to reapply.
Online portal: Volunteers can quickly and confidentially complete a Volunteer Application knowing
that their social security number is privately entered to the company that completes background
checks. This must be done by the individual and cannot be done on tablets or smart phones.
Application address is: http://www.girlscoutsindiana.org/volunteers/volunteerapplication
6. Donations: Each girl or adult member can make a donation to “Home of Our Own” capital campaign.
The Troop Giving Club program was created to provide an avenue for troops and families to learn
about philanthropy by making a donation. Find out more about this campaign and donor incentives at
our website or by contacting Charlitta Winston at 317.924.6838 or email@example.com.
For questions regarding registration, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org