Scouting for Food, March 12-April 7
Nearly 1 in 7 Hoosiers struggles with food insecurity. Scouting for Food (SFF) is a community service partnership with Krogers and Girl Scouts that benefits hundreds of families in our communities in Indiana. Scouting for Food allows Girl Scout troops and their families to help to address the problem of hunger by collecting thousands of pounds of food items that are donated to food pantries, religious organizations and other community organizations who help distribute food to the hungry.
In addition to food donations, monetary donations are being accepted at all Kroger stores. For each $1 donated at Kroger stores,
$3 = 9 meals, $5 = 15 meals, $10 = 30 meals
Items most needed:
Peanut butter, jelly/preserves, canned meats like tuna and chicken, 100% fruit juices. Heat and serve meals like ravioli and soups. Kid friendly items such as macaroni, cereal and applesauce. Diabetic friendly/low sodium/no sugar added foods.
Items not acceptable for donation:
Home canned goods, items without ingredient labels, tobacco or alcohol, baby food not in original packaging.
Sign up to participate today!
1. Pick up your bags and labels at any Girl Scouts of Central Indiana Service Center beginning March 7.
2. Drop off bags to family, friends and neighbors March 12 - April 7
3. Pick up bags with food donations by April 7
4. Donate food items to Kroger, Gleaners, or food pantries in your community
5. On Saturday, March 24 troops can collect food for food pantries at assigned Kroger stores. Troops are responsible for contacting your local Kroger store to participate.
6. Report your food donation totals online by April 30 to receive your patch