The last few years have been challenging for everyone. From the global pandemic to war, girls and families are facing new situations on a daily basis. Girl Scouts is here to help with our series of articles Raising Awesome Girls. These insightful looks at life today, and how to help kids through it are a great way to navigate sensitive issues in the news.
Girl Scouts have always found ways to help during crisis. With the recent humanitarian needs in Ukraine, GSUSA Board of Directors has lifted fundraising restrictions to enable Girl Scouts to raise money in support of our sister Girl Guides and their volunteers and families who are being impacted by the war in Ukraine. Here are some ways that girls can offer their support:
- CARE – Ukraine Crisis Fund—collecting funds to send immediate aid—food, water, hygiene kits, and services; prioritizes support for women, girls, and the elderly.
- Doctors without Borders—supporting with medical help and supplies
- International Rescue Committee—global humanitarian aid and relief organization that supports refugees around the world.
- Save the Children – Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund—international humanitarian organization that is focused on improving the lives of children around the world in addition to providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
- United Help Ukraine—Maryland-based volunteer organization that funds first aid kits, humanitarian relief, and emergency medical care
- Voices of Children—Ukrainian organization supporting children with psycho-social support.
- World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts Emergency Relief Appeal—an emergency appeal fund to support Member Organizations involved in the crisis around Ukraine and to provide other humanitarian support in response to this emergency.