Whatever your volunteer interests are, you will make a lasting impact on the lives of girls in your community. There are many ways to participate—from one day events to a year-round position. The volunteer options are designed to work for you and your schedule with the intent of benefitting the girls in central Indiana. Teach a skill; Lead a troop; Help organize cookies. Prefer to work with adults? Girl Scouts has numerous behind-the-scenes positions that allow troop leaders to do what they love—work with girls! No matter what your interest, we have a volunteer position for you. Girl Scouts will provide you the training and support you need to ensure you have an understanding of the purpose of Girl Scouting and help you have a positive, successful volunteer experience. To view a list of current short term opportunities, visit Volunteer Match.
To learn more about different pathways of participation view the GS 101 Refresher: Volunteer Opportunities video.
Work directly with girls
- Help for a day
- Short–term commitment, 6-12 weeks
- Commit to girls for a year or longer
- Be an advisor working with older girls
Help for a day
- Committee help
- Product sales – cookie program, fall product program
- Registrar – data entry specialist with attention to detail
- Facilitator – help our adults become the best leaders they can be.