Girl Scouts of Central Indiana joins thousands of Girl Scouts from across the country for Lemonade Day. Lemonade Day is an opportunity for girls of all ages to discover how to develop a business plan, establish a budget, seek investors, and operate a business. In the process, girls will connect entrepreneurship skills with community involvement and philanthropy. Girls are invited to participate in planning a booth and selling Lemonade to their local community. They may keep the money earned, but we encourage them to take action in their community and donate a portion of their proceeds to a local nonprofit.
What is Lemonade Day?
Lemonade Day is a financial literacy and entrepreneurship program that teaches children not only how to start their own business by operating a lemonade stand, but fundamental lessons about life and success for themselves. And it's fun!
How does it work?
On Lemonade Day, girls from across central Indiana set up their lemonade stand and become lemonade tycoons! Prior to this day, the girls and caring adults work through lesson plans about how to start a lemonade business. They can either participate individually with a parent, other adult, or as part of their troop. Backpacks and workbooks are provided for every girl participating.
How do Girl Scouts sign up?
- Register via the Girl Scout form below or pick up a form from your local Girl Scout service center.
- For additional information about Lemonade Day and promotions, click below on the City closest to you.
Girls must fill out an individual Girl Scout Lemonade Day registration form. Troop registrations will not be accepted. When you register online, you will receive a confirmation page with a link to your local Lemonade Day website. Girls are encouraged to visit their local Lemonade Day website for additional information, activities, and incentives in their area.
Girls registering online must present their confirmation page to pick up your backpack or tote bag. Girls registering in person will receive their backpack or reusable bag after completing their registration form.
- Bloomington, May 3
- Richmond, May 18
- Lafayette, May 17
- Indianapolis and other GSCI sites, May 17
- Terre Haute, May 31
Free incentives and rewards:
- Girls who register for Lemonade Day will receive a Lemonade Day tote bag
- Girls who register in March, receive a Lemonade Day apron (Indy only)
- Girls who complete the web-based workbook will receive a special prize (Indy only)
- Girls who submit their business results forms (post-Lemonade Day) will receive a Lemonade Day patch
For additional information, contact Carolyn Payton at 317.924.6830