Have you ever looked around your neighborhood or school and wondered how you could make a change for the better? Going for the Girl Scout Silver Award—the highest award a Girl Scout Cadette can earn—gives you the chance to show that you are a leader who is organized, determined, and dedicated to improving your community.
Silver Award Overview
Below is an overview of the requirements to earn the Girl Scout Silver Award. In order to fully understand what is expected, refer to the Girl Scout Silver Award girl guidelines, adult guide, and the FAQs. Girls must be in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade (or equivalent) and a registered Girl Scout Cadette.
The steps include:
- Go on a Girl Scout Cadette journey
- Identify issues you care about
- Build your Girl Scout Silver Award team or decide to go solo
- Explore your community
- Pick your Take Action project
- Develop your project
- Silver Award Project Proposal (this is intended to help you in your planning process, discuss it with your advisor(s))
- Make a plan and put it into motion
- Submit the Girl Scout Silver Award Final Report forms to council
- Reflect, share your story, and celebrate
Special Notes: The Girl Scout Silver Award can be completed as an individual or small group. All of the requirements for the Girl Scout Silver Award must be completed before bridging to Girl Scout Seniors. While the Girl Scout Silver Award is not a prerequisite for the Girl Scout Gold Award (for Girl Scouts in grades 9-12), completing the Girl Scout Silver Award does fast track the Girl Scout Gold Award process.
Still Need Help?
For additional help, consider taking a Striving for Silver training. This training is offered in both a classroom and webinar format and is designed to help girls understand what it takes to achieve their Girl Scout Silver Award. Check the activity finder for more information about upcoming sessions.
Or, contact Jaime Hubbard at 317.924.5859.
Girls of Distinction Celebration Deadline
Each June, Girl Scouts of Central Indiana hosts an annual celebration to recognize local Girl Scouts for their achievements during the past year. In order to be eligible to participate in the current year’s celebration, Girl Scout Silver Award recipients must submit their final reports to the council office by April 1.
How to Submit Girl Scout Silver Award forms
Complete Girl Scout Silver Award Final Report Packets: (forms can be found above)
- Girl Scout Silver Award Final Report (one for each eligible girl)
- Girl Scout Silver Award Time Log (one for each eligible girl)
- Girl Scout Silver Award Financial Report (can submit one for a team project)
Please mark all completed packets ATTN: Girl Scout Silver Award and submit them to Girl Scouts of Central Indiana using any of the following:
- Mail to:
2611 Waterfront Parkway East Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46214
- Fax to 317.931.3346
- Scan and email to email@example.com