Girl Scouts who participate will earn:
- 10% of gross sales for their troop treasury
- $2 for troop treasury if they complete the online program
- 10% of gross sales for all magazines sold online
- Cool recognitions
- Troops who sell at least $100 in product earn $10 for their service unit treasury
Girl Scouts will learn 5 skills essential to a successful product sale.
- Goal Setting: Discovering what the troop/group; would like to accomplish with funds earned from selling nuts/candy and magazines and making a list of these suggestions.
- Decision Making: Taking the list of suggestions and narrowing it down to two or three goals that everyone can agree on. Discussing these two or three and narrowing the goal to a common one that everyone agrees on.
- Money Management: Discussing good practices for handling customer payments.
- People Skills: Learning to present yourself in a way that makes your customer want to buy products from you and support your troop and council.
- Business Ethics: Learning good business ethics for situations that may arise during the product sale so that the customer is left with a good impression of you and the Girl Scouts.