Why should your Girl Scout participate?
- Girl Scouts who participate in have the opportunity to develop the 5 Skills for Girls:
- Goal Setting
- Decision Making
- Money Management
- People Skills
- Business Ethics
- Girls who apply for Program Assistance Grants or PAG’s for program or camp opportunities will be asked whether they have participated in the Fall Product and Cookie programs.
- Girls are able to take an active role in helping their troop achieve it’s goals and also financially helping their service unit and council.
What should you do to prepare for the program?
- Attend the troop’s parent meeting.
- Talk with your daughter about her troop and personal sales goals.
- Review Safety Tips for the sale with your daughter.
- Use the Cookie Club website to help your daughter set and track her cookie sale goal. Cookie Club allows girls to send emails to friends and family members who make a cookie promise to purchase Girl Scout cookies. It’s the fastest way for a girl to reach her Girl Scout Cookie sales goals.
Note: Your daughter will need to get her Girl ID and password from her Girl Scout troop leader in order to access this site.
How can I help my daughter’s troop be successful?
- Follow troop deadlines for submitting orders and money to the troop cookie manager.
- Make sure you get a receipt from the troop for all cookies signed out and money turned in.
- Volunteer to help during the sale as the troop cookie manager, a booth volunteer, or in some other way.
- Be aware that you are financially responsible for all cookies you check out from the troop. Cookies may not be returned to the troop or to the Girl Scout office!
- Review Practical Tips for Parents.
- Review the top 10 selling strategies.
- For more information on how parents can be involved in the Girl Scout Cookie Program, please visit Little Brownie Bakers.
What should I do if I run into a problem during the program?
- Make sure you are aware of troop deadlines for submitting initial orders, picking up cookies, and turning in money to the troop cookie manager.
- Stay in communication with the troop cookie manager.
- If you run into a problem let the troop cookie manager know immediately. He or she will likely be able to help you fix the problem. If you are not able to resolve the problem, contact the Product Program office at 877.474.2249. Be sure to know your daughter’s troop number before calling!
If your daughter does not receive Girl Scout Cookie Program information from her Girl Scout troop, please contact the Product Sales office at 877.474.2249 to receive materials.